April 12, 2005

Saturday 6:15 : April 9 2005

Kamae (Form checked by a partner)

  1. Balance with your guts
  2. You should not feel too much pressure on your thigh or knee if you balance right

Taino Henko-2 (Form checked by a partner)

  1. Hands parallel to your legs
  2. Hip faces as upper body does
  3. Calf of the back leg should stay stong as not to collapse if someone steps on it

-Hijishime-

Katamochi Hijishime 1

  1. Try not to hurt your partner so much
  2. When Shite punches, don't forget about the other arm to make the movement
  3. Keep going forward when you make Uke's elbow in Hijishime position
  4. Last movement before Hijishime is more like changing legs and hands, doesnt require a big going forward movement

It was a big class of 8 with 3 new people. Although, they all had some kind of experience, we trained as one group and practiced the same tequnicque. I was working with a girl for the whole time, and had to be very careful not to hurt her too much since she is very tiny and very fragile. I think I was able to concentrate on how to make the forms right. Also, she taught me to balance with your guts. I must have heard from other people but my ear found it very new, and I think that was what needed to hear. Kamae is tough.

It was almost hard to believe that I knew the same technique 3 weeks ago for my first test (which I passed :) ), it turned out to be a good refreshing memory and new learning session at the same time.

I enjoy a big class with a certain level of tension. It was another great, fun Saturday night.

Only thing was that I did not eat enough before the training. I have to remember one banana is not enough for me to go through 90 minutes training without going off fucus.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home