June 20, 2005

Saturday 6:15 : June 18, 2005


Back Breakfalls (10)

Forward Rolling Breakfalls

Tai no Henko - 2
damn loooooooooooong ones...my knee got totally shaking

Yokomenuchi Sanakjo (no Osae)

Man! Tai no Henko is a killer :) or Stumpy is... My knee started shaking, and I was thinking what happens my knee refuses to hold my body, meaning if I collapsed... but I did not, hardly held it, I dont think I could kept the same height till the end. It was the hardest kihon dosa ever...

And...when we were done tai no henko, time to watch what we would do sitting on Seiza... I was thinking, "yey, time to rest for a minute!", I did not realize there were no Masa nor Chris to do his Uke...so Stumpy called me to be his Uke for the Sankajo demonstration for the class...such an owner while my knee was still shaking... At the end of the demo, he called for Seiza, but my brain was not totally functioning, so I just did what I was told to do yet I couldnt remember if they do seiza at the end of demo every time ?!?!?!? 

For Sankajo, I have been practicing with David for the past few weeks for my last test, I should know well...but working with a much taller guy made a little difference, it did not work as it did for David. Also, to avoid being distrated, I tried not to show off anything I dont have out of me. I dont know if it makes any sense or not but I am trying to overcome some kind of ego issue I am having during training. I think...it was working, not completely yet still at some level...I was more able to concentrate and keep my mind calmer than before.

Class of 8, it was a fun Saturday night class :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home