April 20, 2005

Wednesday 5:45 : April 20, 2005


Hiriki no Yosei-1

  1. To move with suri ashi, do not step
  2. Back leg comes along attaching the mat, its not a step either
  3. Its about "hiriki : elbow power", start making the move from elbow amazingly helps to keep the balance

Hiriki no Yosei-2

  1. Even though it looks like shifting your body going forward and backward, body always makes going forward movement from your knee

-Shihonage-

Katatemochi Shinonage-1

  • Do not forget to get a good grip with both hands, close the gap between Uke's hands as much as possible to get better off balance of Uke

Hanmi Handachi Katatemochi Shihonage-1

  • I did not quite get the flipping movement.

Yokomen Uchi Shihonage-2

  • Chris's left Yokomen got me really good

Hanmi Handachi Ryotemochi Shihonage

  • I dont think I did none of the part effectively, still it was very interesting to find that one step can make Shite ready to do Shihonage without other movement.

DSMAF class of 3. Shihonage is fun, yet I did not do quite right for everything. I can not even take these guys' Yokomen uchi. My arms hurt very badly. Is there a way to protect my arms from feeling the pain even taking strong Yokomen Uchi? Is that just one of getting used to things...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home