December 19, 2005

Saturday 6:15 : December 17, 2005

The Last Class (also The Last Stumpy Class) in 2005!
and Hungry's 279th Class in 2005...

Basic:
Back Breakfalls (50)
Technique:
Shomen Uchi Yonkajo Osae-1 (in parts, working with different people...)

Shomen Uchi Yonkajo

Shomen Uchi Yonkajo Osae-1

Yonkajo Practice
Yonkajo Relay

AGAIN! Back Breakfalls (40)
Note:
Class of 9, 2 teachers plus 9 of us...made 11 people on the mat. We all counted 8 break falls except for Stumpy, he did 10...
that made (8 X 10) + (10 X 1) =90!
The tradition of the last class is what teachers say...

I was having the hardest time getting Yonkajo with people have long arms ( there are many...)
A string makes a curve, which Stumpy showed us was a good picture to keep in my mind.
This class was counted as my 279th in 2005. Considering the fact I did around 15 classes in 6 months during 2004...thats such an amazing number!!
This year became the first year I went MAD about doing Aikido, it went GREAT, doesnt mean easy, but well done, ME! I could say that everything was counted as the first time experience for my Aikido. 279 classes includes Kangeiko, Shochugeiko, Embu... and 5 tests!
This year would become the year I made the biggest curve for my Aikido. The reason I care for number of classes I do is that, I simply trust that Aikido comes with the amount of training, nothing more nothing less...I dont really know how my Aikido is at this stage, I am sure its not the same from a year ago, but dont know how or how much, still I trust my teachers who give me the grades, so I must be 4th kyu : )
This year, I experienced a lot of frustration, emotions which I did not know how to handle also did not really expected to face... I used to get frustrated when techniques did not work or I did not know what I was supposed to do...I once even totally lost myself and snapped a teacher on the mat, etc... Also, I have learned how to deal with some of those uncomfortable situation maybe just a little bit : )
Summer was tough...I mean physically tough to go through, did not really know if I was enjoying it or not for a while...Yet, after going through that stage, the feeling of "Aikido is fun, I want to do more!" totally came back, and its staying with me since. I even have less stress even when my techniques dont work that happen very often...
Still, I am trying to learn how to put everything I have, everytime I train...I am trying but I just dont know how yet.
Also, I will stop saying, " I cant do it", as much as possible on the mat. Its true that I cant do many things even I try exatly what I'm told to do... thats why we keep training...This could be a lot tougher than I can think of now...but I think its another step to go. (Actually, this is also what teachers say, not exactly comes from me ;P)
It has been a year since I made up my mind getting up insanely early to come out to morning classes seeing our teachers, Roland and Michael sensei on the mat for the first time at the last class of 2004, doing backbreak falls 64 times for the first time... I cant thank enough for both of them for not only teaching but also showing the discipline in their busy days...
Also, I'd like to thank my buddies who I train with... I wouldn't have enjoyed this much without any of them!
I think, Aikido shows a lot about the person who does it, I think...I think...
Well, the decision I made to do more Aikido was right for me ; ) and am looking forward to train more in 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home