Wednesday 5:45 : July 27 ,2005
Chris' Test Practice
Chris with Stumpy:
Very smoothly done overall. Very impressive in many parts. Suwariwaza Kokyuho kneeling going forward movement was probably the most impressive for me to watch.
But he'll have "me" as his Uke tomorrow... :)
Kihon Dosa Practice
I have been very very aware of that I cant do breakfalls neatly. Somehow, I am lacking the shoulder pushing/bouncing the body back movement, and I easily fall over backwards if I let it happen...Yesterday, when we were working on Tenchi Nage, I clearly realized that my shoulders don't go along with my upper body when I was thrown, I have been told that my shoulders were very flexible and all of that hit me as a thought whether its also doing something for my breakfalls or not?? So, asked the teacher and was told that it is OK to do rolling back breakfalls if I can manage that way :-)
And so I hurt my left elbow when I was trying too hard these rolling back breakfalls this morning.
Uke: Me
This morning, it was so clear that I do better at my left side for everything. Only concern for being his Uke for tomorrow is right side flipping for his Kotegaeshi 1 & 2. The last few times, I was able to get the right feeling of hitting the mat from flipping, and told Chris that I will brainwash myself tonight that I am great at flipping and will make him look good :)
Its funny that I could not tell this difference of right and left only a week ago, so I think I could count this as a progress I made in this week :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home